Epsom and Ewell Tree Advisory Board (EETAB) and Elms over Epsom have designed an ‘In Memory Woodland’ at Long Grove Park in Epsom in association with Age Concern Epsom & Ewell. We hope this project will be supported by the “Your Fund Surrey Small Community Projects” funding, with planting organised by EETAB.
In order to secure the funding for this project we need to demonstrate that there is community support and so we need your help. If you support this project, please tell us the benefits that it will bring to you, your family, friends, and colleagues, your work environment, the local environment, and our outdoor spaces by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, including your postcode in the email. We would appreciate if messages of support could be emailed by the end of September 2023.
Further details about the project:
Age Concern Epsom & Ewell “envisage a safe green space for reflecting past loved ones, a meeting place for a dog walk with a quiet space for a chit chat along the way or a shady area for a picnic in the summer.”
The reasons for designing this tree-planting project at Long Grove Park include:
- mitigate the loss of trees in Long Grove Park due to Ash dieback
- increase biodiversity
- provide shelter for the park reducing wind flow
- enhance the range of trees in the park
- soften the visual impact of the perimeter fence
- introduce disease resistant elms to a park that used to have elm trees
- increase the habitat for birds and other wildlife
- introduce a broad range of trees of different longevity
- provide a picnic area for space, time and reflection
- plant fruit-bearing trees to provide food for wildlife
Further details on the planned planting list are available here.
If you would like to volunteer to support the planting and maintenance of this project please contact EETAB at email@example.com.